Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Class is done!

Our class is finally done! Although it seemed like it went by so fast. I'll miss not having class with my new friends every morning. We had our last excursion Friday and we went to a rural school out in the rice paddy's of north central Thailand. It was a school that didn't have any foreign teachers so they really enjoyed having us come help teach. Their was no AC and I don't think there were any doors or windows. These kids definitely knew how to say "Teacher, Teacher". But, that was about it :) Everything I had planned went out the window, literally! There was so much cross wind and my classes were a mess but we still had fun. The kids knew very little English so many of my activities were not going to happen - so we just jumped around and played games in English. It was somewhat effective and I think they had fun.

After class the Thai teachers cooked us a nice Thai meal and the kids got us refills of water. I was hesitant at first but so hungry and it was actually delicious. I did eat a lot of fruit too and payed for it later :). Here are some pictures of this excursion! Now its time for the job hunt to begin.....



3 comments: