Sunday, April 18, 2010

Making My Bangkok Prep Plan

Well it's April 17th and I'm starting my Bangkok preparation plan. 15 weeks until my flight leaves on August 2nd. Right now I'm waiting to get my visa because it becomes active as soon as I receive it. I can't get it too early or I may not be able to commit to a 12 month contract when I get a job. I am able to get a 15 month "Non-Immigrant B" visa from the Thai Embassy in Houston and I'll be applying toward the middle/end of June. In the mean time I'm creating a Bangkok Prep Plan. I need to renew my Passport since in expires in July 2012 and I may love this and want to stay for more than just a year! Or I may be interested in traveling the world teaching English so I would need to get this done before I go. That's part of my plan. Also, I'm learning Thai. It's been a little challenging but so far I can say "the boy is under the airplane" I think. I've started the Rosetta Stone Thai course and there's no translation - which is an interesting challenge - but I've also looked up some common sayings as well. Another part of my plan is to get in shape so I need to start my seriously delayed workout plan. I want to look good for the ladies on the beaches of Bangkok! Also, I'm trying to diversify my diet a little so it's not too big of culture shock. That's slow coming since I love the french fries and chicken nuggets. I'll post again soon to update on my progress.
Take care,
George

1 comment:

  1. Traveling the world teaching English sounds like good plan! That would be fun. You will have to take lots of pictures of your travels, since that may be the only way I will ever see the world! Have fun! Watch out for the ladies on the beaches:)

    ReplyDelete